- 1 1/4 cups shortening
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp ice-cold water
- 1 egg (beaten)
Directions:
- When measuring the flour spoon it into the measuring cup then level off with a knife.
- Cut shortening into flour and salt with a pastry knife.
- Pour in lemon juice, ice water, and beaten egg.
- Mix with a fork from bottom to top until dough barely sticks together.
- Divide into two balls.
- Place one ball between two pieces of wax paper and roll out to 2" larger than the size of the pie pan.
- Fold crust into quarters, place in pie pan with point in center and unfold.
- Trim and crimp crust for one-crust pie, or fill and repeat rolling steps with second ball of dough for two-crust pie, turning bottom edges of crust up over the top crust and crimping.
- For baked one-crust pie shell, pierce crust on bottom and sides with a fork and bake at 475° until light brown, 5-8 minutes.
* I got this recipe from Tianna but I have no idea who Mindy is.

2 comments:
Those are some nice lookin' pies!
Haha. It's kind of fun seeing this recipe here. :) I shared it with Tianna. It's a recipe my mom got from a good friend of hers, Mindy, years ago; hence, Mindy's pie crust.
And I agree, those are some good-looking pies!
Post a Comment